If you are experiencing problems with ThessBook, check out the Frequently Asked Questions. If the issue persists, feel free to contact us. In the unlikely event you have experienced a crash, please let us know what you were doing at the time, whether you were using GPRS/3G or a Wi-Fi connection and — if possible — send us a crash dump.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will you be adding more types of Points of Interest?
- We are rigorously gathering and processing point-of-interest (POI) data and will be adding them to new versions of ThessBook in the near future! You can see some of the POI categories that will be added in future versions of ThessBook by visiting the Contribute page, where you can also add your own favorite places to ThessBook. You can also use ThessBook Contribute from your mobile phone -- just tap on the 'cogs' icon on the top right corner of the ThessBook main screen and select 'Add Place...'. If you'd like to see a specific type of POI added to ThessBook, drop us a line, here.
- I love ThessBook, but I don't have an iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) or Android device. Will you release it for other phones?
- We're considering other platforms, like Windows Phone 8, but nothing is certain. It depends on many factors, including demand. So, if you want ThessBook for other platforms, give us a shout!
- Does ThessBook work with 3G/GPRS connections?
- Yes! ThessBook uses any available internet connection when you try to use it. Note that for 3G/GPRS connections to work properly you may need a contract with your mobile phone provider that supports use of the Cellular Data Network. This may, in some cases, incur additional charges to your mobile phone bill.
- The fuel prices on ThessBook do not match those on the gas station. Why?
- ThessBook collects and updates the reported fuel prices on a daily basis. However, since some gas stations do not report gas prices, or do not immediately update them, prices reported by ThessBook may differ from those on the gas stations. Prices that have been updated within the last 48 hours are marked with a green tick mark. Also, when sorting by gas price, ThessBook will only display stations that have recently updated their prices.
- My location is frequently misreported. What's going on here?
- Your device uses a number of different methods for identifying your geographical location. Still, it's not perfect: Depending on whether you're indoors or outdoors, the cellular network signal strength, available Wi-Fi hotspots in the vicinity etc. your location may be pinpointed to a few metres or a few kilometres.
- Is it possible to look for POIs and information for areas other than the one I am presently in?
- Yes! If you're on iOS, just tap on the little 'cogs' icon on the ThessBook main screen. If on Android, press your device's menu button. Then select "Change Location".